Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekly Idioms

I've been a little busy the past couple of months, accounting for a lack of blogging or tweets. Sorry about that. Hope to stay regular, so please comment to keep me motivated.

From this week, I started introducing some useful idioms. Try to put them into your conversation or how about writing some examples for us to read here?

"a couple of" - When I woke up this morning, there were a couple of sheep in the kitchen. They wanted some breakfast, so I told them to wait a couple of minutes. One of them remembered he had a couple of things to do, so he went back outside.

a couple - 2 or 3; a few - 3-5/6; several - 5-9

"account for" - The prolonged heat this summer accounts for the prices of vegetables going up recently. The high prices accounts for a lack of vegetable for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment